Rental Fee: The rental for the Auditorium is $75.00/day. Extra day for setup or cleanup is $40.00/day. This rate is temporary during construction. The rates will change as different sections of the building are completed.
Additional Charges: If the customer requests special services such as setup, cleanup, or takedown, additional charges will be levied.
Deposit: In addition to the rental fee, a check or cash in the amount of $75.00 is required for a deposit to cover expenses if the facility has not been cleaned properly or to cover loss or damage. The deposit will be returned when the key is returned if all is well. The deposit should be in the form of cash or an additional check separate from the rental fee.
Fee Waiver: The Auditorium Board may waive or adjust the charges and fees for certain public service organizations.
Use Limitations: This agreement is for use of the Auditorium’s main floor only. No use may be made of the lower level or balcony. The stage may be used for normal staging functions. The public may not be allowed on the stage.
Capacity: The Great Hall is limited to 250 persons, at this time. This will change as further construction is completed.
Food Service: Food may be served within the limits of normal good practice and applicable state regulations. Food warming or holding equipment may be used. No process that may be considered cooking may be used.
Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in the Auditorium.
Alcohol: Alcohol service requires several steps to comply with State law and Humboldt ordinances, and an additional fee. See more information under ALCOHOL dropdown.
Discrimination: Access to the Auditorium will not be denied because of race, religion, sex, creed, age, national origin, disability or political views.
Reservation of Rights: At the discretion of the Auditorium Board and/or the City Council, we reserve the right not to rent to individuals or groups that may damage the facility, or for functions that may be considered inappropriate, provided the same is not discriminatory. We also reserve the right to cancel any lease agreement at any time.
Rental Agreement: Sign Rental Agreement at City office.
- Setup. The renter has the responsibility for set up unless other arrangements are made.
- Takedown. The renter has the responsibility to remove all decorations, etc. and pick up and stack the tables and chairs as directed by Auditorium management.
- Clean up. The renter has the responsibility to leave the building in a clean state ready for the next use. This includes sweeping floors, cleaning restrooms, and moping where necessary.
- Trash: All trash will be removed from the premises.
- The Auditorium may perform the above functions for added fees.
- If COVID or other health regulations are in effect, the renter has the responsibility to comply with masks, routine sanitation of fixtures, etc.
- Inventory. The Auditorium’s furnishings and equipment are not to be removed from the building. The renter has the responsibility to verify that all items are present when leaving the building.
- Loss and damage. Any loss or damage to the Auditorium, its furnishings or equipment (other than normal wear and tear) will be charged to the renter at the full cost of repair or replacement.
- Sound System. The Auditorium does not currently have a sound system. The renter must plan for any needed sound or stage lighting equipment.
- Final Check. Verify that all electrical equipment is disconnected. Close and lock any opened windows. Turn off lights. Verify that all exit doors are locked. Return key. Communicate any maintenance issues.
- Individuals or groups using the Auditorium are legally and financially responsible for all damages incurred while under their use. If damage occurs, the Auditorium Board and the City of Humboldt will assess the cost and demand payment for repair of all damages from the lessee. In the event legal costs are incurred to enforce the lessor’s rights hereunder, it is stipulated that any reasonable fees and costs shall be borne by the lessee.
- During the use of the Auditorium, the Lessee agrees to comply with all local, state and federal laws governing fire codes, food service, health codes, sale and consumption of alcohol, gambling, occupancy limits and conduct of commerce.
- The Lessee agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Humboldt against liability, claims and demands, which are incurred, made or brought by any person or entity, on account of damage, bodily injury, personal injury, sickness, disease, death or loss of and kind whatsoever, which may arise in any manner connected with the use of the Humboldt Auditorium.
- In some cases, we may require a certificate of insurance coverage as our (LARM) League Association of Risk Management insurance may require it.
CONTACT for Reservations City Office 402-862-2171